Within the Hue
gather here Class
Exploring color value in your improv work can create depth and movement. In this workshop, each student will choose a hue and use it as the base to explore color temperature, tone, and saturation, as well introduce as complementary and split-Y complementary colors into the mix. With these tools, we’ll explore how to create "pop" and movement within the composition based on the relativity of colors and use of contrast.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: All skill levels are welcome. You are confident operating a sewing machine as well as a rotary cutter.
- We provide: The studio space, tools, machines, and expertise.
- You provide: You'll need 8 fat quarters of fabric total, preferably solid colors, but small prints/blenders work well, too, as follows: 5 shades of one color - light to dark, 1 complementary color - any shade, dark or light, 1 each of the split Y complementary colors - any shade, dark or light (total of 2). Please see photos of color wheels for reference. And if you are purchasing fabric for this workshop online we would be happy to help you, just leave a note in checkout.
- Class length: 3 hours
For Online participants
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.